After over a 6 month break Get Hip! is back. We will be restarting the night on Saturday 10th October at The Georian Theatre, Stockton-On-Tees. Leeds punk/pop 3 piece Nervous Twitch will be headlining the night with support from local garage/psych band Thee Strawberry Myne + the Get Hip dj's spinning the vinyl. Both Nervous Twich & Thee Strawberry Mynde have tracks on the forthcoming Get Hip compilation LP which is out later in the year.
Nervous Twitch have released 3 albums - 'Get Back In Line', 'Don't Take My TV' and 'I Won't Hide' as well as half a dozen singles. We have had them on before at Get Hip and are pleased to welcome the band back as they went down a storm last time round.
Support comes from local garage/psych band Thee Strawberry Mynde playing their first gig of the year. Between the bands you'll hear the Get Hip dj crew spinning the sounds on vinyl, everything from 60s Soul, R&B, Garage & Psych, Latin, Hammond Grooves and a dash of original Ska.
"Paying homage to the Ramones and their favourite 60s girl-groups via the medium of punky pop songs. And, make no mistake, that’s a perfectly fine thing to be. There’s actually a bit more to the Twitch than that might suggest, though – that extra bit of proficiency and imagination a band needs to make them stand out."
(Louder Than War)
Please read the following carefully; this is how we will be selling tickets for all of our events until the laws around social gatherings change.
- Gigs will be laid out cabaret style with seats and tables.
- Tickets are only available for advance purchase; there will be no walk-up sales for any events.
- Tables can seat 6 people as either a single group – or a mix of smaller numbers.
- We also have separate sets of two seats for two people from the same household.
- If purchasing at a table in quantities of less than 6; it is likely that people from other households will be seated on the table.
- Tables are positioned in zones that allow for each individual seat to maintain social distancing - so mixed groups will be able to socially distance
- When purchasing tickets; please make sure that there will be no more than 6 people in your party - as it is illegal for separate groups to join together to form larger groups consisting of 6+ people once inside the venue.
- The lead person from your party will need to provide contact details in line with the law for track and trace – this information will be collected via our online box office when purchasing tickets.
Unfortunately, selling tickets in clusters and within legal limits for indoor social gatherings is the only way we can make events financially viable at present. We appreciate your understanding.